Monday, June 6, 2011

Nature Calling

Do you ever just find it hard to focus? You know what work you should be doing, but you just can't seem to actually DO it?

Yeah, iI'm in that place right now. Since we're still working second jobs while building Great Lakes Adventures, it's difficult to focus on my other job... all I want to do is be out hiking, swimming, canoeing... I'm so not an office person.

Getting back to nature is where it's at. I crave that feeling of outdoor bliss. Of the breeze flowing in the trees and the icy cold rush of a dive into a lake. We took the pup hiking for his first time yesterday. Too much fun! He couldn't get enough- diving through the trees and flowers, leaping in and out of the Huron River... A few times he tried to lead the way, but since his directions weren't that great, we decided to have him fall in line. (photos and video to come soon!)

This weekend cannot come soon enough. Kayaking to North Manitou is going to be a blast! I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, here's a recipe I'm working on as we speak (as in... it's in my oven right now.) Enjoy!

Asian Beef Jerky
1.5 lb flank steak, trimmed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp sake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...